ArcticFoam™ Products Window and Door Sealant
ArcticFoam™ Products insulating window and door sealant is a new technically advanced closed-cell polyurethane spray foam that exerts about 85% less pressure than traditional polyurethane foams. ArcticFoam Products has discovered a solution to preventing window and door bowing problems. Foam expansion does not cause bowing, foam pressure does.
In the past, single component polyurethane foams were sometimes associated with frame deflection of windows and doors. This deflection usually resulted from either misapplication, or the use of foams not suited for this purpose.
As a result, the American Architectural Manufacturer’s Association (AAMA) recently issued Document 812-04, identifying pressure build and dimensional stability as key attributes of one component aerosol foams, for use around windows and doors. It is widely recognized that polyurethane foam is among the most effective insulating sealants for windows and doors.
ArcticFoam™ Products: The Next Generation in Weatherstripping Windows and Doors
- a patented closed-cell and low pressure
- closed-cell formulation makes foam more resistant to moisture infiltration
- low pressure formulation will prevent window bowing
- distinctive gray color
- available as a gun and straw foam
- Advanced formulation of Eco Foam Green Sealant requires no special warehousing accommodations
- UL Class 1 for caulks and sealants
Why ArcticFoam™ Products?
- Low pressure foam (less than 2 psig) will not bow windows, Other foams exerts approximately
7-8 psig and can distort windows
- Dimensional stability, also identified in AAMA doc. 812-04, is another important feature for any
one-component foam (beware of poor quality European imports and open-cell latex foam insulation,
which may shrink excessively)
- Fire Retardant
- Contains No Formaldehyde
"Low-pressure foam is currently a specialty item, so you probably won’t find it in every hardware store. It’s made by a handful of companies, but one brand that’s impressed me in particular is Arctic Foam. It’s one of the products that stood out in my tests. They make a range of foams, and their window and door sealant is the only low pressure type."- Steve Maxwell
ArcticFoam™ Products VS. Competing Materials
- Fiberglass and mineral wools provide for no air or water seal. Once wet, they pool to the bottom of a cavity
- Over-compressing these materials will cause a decrease in their insulation value
- Traditional caulks do not provide for adequate insulation, and are of vastly differing quality